- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
Southampton vs Wolves Betting Tips
- Southampton vs Wolves predictions for Sunday’s Premier League
- Southampton defeated Wolves 2-0 in the FA Cup fifth round on Thursday
- Wolves have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches
- Match preview, predictions, and latest team news
Danny Ings scored against Wolves on Thursday (Getty Images)
Southampton have lost five straight in the Premier League, but have been winning FA Cup ties in between.
Ralph Hasenhϋttl’s side progressed to the quarter-finals of the cup with a 2-0 win over Wolves on Thursday. Danny Ings and Stuart Armstrong scored in each half at Molineux.
The Saints had defeated Shrewsbury 2-0 and Arsenal 1-0 before getting the better of Wolves.
It has been a different story in the Premier League, however, with five straight defeats.
Southampton have lost to Leicester 2-0, Arsenal 3-1, Aston Villa 1-0, Manchester United 9-0 and Newcastle 3-2.
Southampton Team News
Midfielder Alexandre Jankewitz is still suspended following his dismissal against Manchester United.
Midfielders Ibrahima Diallo and Will Smallbone and forward Michael Obafemi remain out.
But there is a chance that Theo Walcott may be fit enough to make his comeback from injury.
On-loan Liverpool midfielder Takumi Minamino is available after missing the midweek win due to being cup-tied.
Wolves' inconsistencies continued as they exited the FA Cup on Thursday when going down to Southampton.
It was a fourth defeat in the last eight games for Nuno Espírito Santo's side in all competitions. They have won twice and drawn twice during the run.
Wolves have won one of their last four in the Premier League. That came in a 2-1 victory against nine-man Arsenal.
They drew 0-0 at Chelsea and lost 1-0 at Crystal Palace in their last away games. They also drew a blank in a 0-0 draw at home to Leicester last weekend.
Wolves Team News
Wing-back Rayan Aït-Nouri made his return from injury as a substitute in midweek.
But defenders Willy Boly and Fernando Marcal and forwards Raul Jimenez and Daniel Podence remain out.
Head to Head
Southampton hold a 28-23 head to head advantage over Wolves with 18 draws from 69 previous meetings.
Southampton were 2-0 winners over Wolves at Molineux on Thursday night in the FA Cup fifth round. The goals came from Danny Ings and Stuart Armstrong.
Wolves and Southampton drew 1-1 at Molineux in their Premier League earlier this season.
Southampton emerged victorious at Molineux with a 2-0 victory over Wolves in the FA Cup on Thursday. It was a much-needed victory after losing five in a row in the Premier League.
The Saints are tipped to repeat that and claim a narrow win against a Wolves side which has failed to score in four of their last five matches.
- Southampton have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Southampton have kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 6 home matches (all competitions).
- Southampton are undefeated in 4 of their last 5 matches against Wolves (all competitions).
- Wolves are winless in their last 6 away matches (Premier League).
- Wolves have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Wolves have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
Southampton vs Wolves FAQs
Southampton vs Wolves FAQs
Where can I watch the Southampton vs Wolves live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Southampton vs Wolves live stream.